Sexual Transformation Needed In Your Relationship? We’re here to help!
A lot of people report living their entire lives NEVER reaching their full potential in the arena of sexual arousal/pleasure. Maybe you and your partner take different pathways to arousal (and never communicate this difference), you get stuck in old patterns that lose their arousal response after a while (because you’ve become habituated to the stimulus), and/or you grew up learning that sex was a word that had a real negative connotation to it.
If you need to transform your sex life here are some words of wisdom to help you along:
- Remember, sex is a sacred act between spouses. It was intended for good!
- Set mutually established sensual or sexual goals for your relationship.
- Make time for sex. Put it on the calendar. View these appointments as a sacred commitment between you and your spouse.
- Realize you are your own expert when it comes to YOUR sexual arousal and desire. You are the teacher here!
- Establish a safe way to talk about sex. When your spouse is being vulnerable, be careful with your response. Try to talk about positives first and communicate what you NEED from your spouse, instead of what your spouse is doing wrong.
- Accept and honor differences between the two of you. You’re not going to agree on everything. Always find the middle ground.
- Many individuals report not feeling like having sex until they are already having sex. Sometimes it feels like going to the gym. You don’t want to but once you get there, you’re glad you went. Just get things started!
- If you get stuck in old patterns, it’s okay to ask for a novel experience to try out together.
- Introducing sexual stimulation tools doesn’t have to be weird/dirty/kinky. Think of sexual stimulation tools, like your kitchen equipment. No, you don’t NEED that food processor, but it sure does get the job done in half the time. Or that pasta maker with a different attachments, it gets you a variety of meal options to choose from.